Saturday, September 21, 2013

Sharing a doll?

$13 basic hands she's buying for
the MDDIII.
  Okay guys: answer me this question. What do you do when your seven-year old (step)sister wants a mini dollfie dream desperately? And has been wanting one ever since she found out they existed? And has never wanted another type of doll that bad? And has never even stopped wanting one? Wanna hear my solution?
  After I get my shit together and buy at least the head and torso, I'm getting her parts for her doll. I'm buying a seven year old a three hundred dollar doll. But I have no regrets. Plus, I'm not giving away something I spend three hundred dollars on, silly! We're sharing the doll! It's going to be our doll. Our three hundred dollar doll that she's helping me buy. She has twelve dollars saved up... And will be generously buying the hands for this thing. When she gets another dollar. (There's a chance I could contribute to that cause...)
 We're also getting a MDDIII instead of a MDD, because they're not as fragile, and also, although the price of an MDD is less, you have to buy it all at once, and with an MDDIII you buy/assemble all the parts yourself, so you can buy things one at a time, and the most expensive part is the  $75 arms (with inner armature included), which isn't too bad.
  I'll also be buying a "miku wig" (a blue, twintailed wig) for the doll once she's assembled, due to this kid's freakish obsession with Hatsune Miku. I'm proud to say I spawned that obsession myself. We're sewing most of the cloths, and she'll have one name that we both like and two nicknames (one from each of us). The names idea also came from this genius little pest. She's great. I love this kid: best sister ever! Getting her a doll now is less hard than I thought it would be. WOOT!

No comments:

Post a Comment