Thursday, September 19, 2013

The Beginning, and... A Plan.

The sample picture for an
Dollfie Dream head pictured
on an MDDIII body.
  Although now she isn't interested in japan or japanese things as much as she used to, my older sister introduced me to Volks dolls. You know, dollfies? Those high quality, generally anime-styled dolls made by volks running rampant on google images? It's been at least four years since that, and I've been planning on how I could get a hold of one of my own.
 I bought my first volks from the online site when I was eleven; an old 27 cm dollfie who I am currently thinking of selling on eBay due to her inability to fit into any wigs or clothes. The original 27 cm dollfies have no real high points. I have no idea why they're still here, they suck, nobody buys them, and they're not even a high profit; if you think from a business mentality. But they're still manufacturing year 2000 Century Models and old Who's That Girl's, so it's no surprise they still have the dollfies on the market, too, I guess.
  But now, I know what I should be buying. I have always wanted a dollfie dream. Not an SD or a 27 cm dollfie. A dollfie dream. Those things are angelic. They are so cool in my eyes, nobody can tell me that they aren't. Also, I want to save money, even though that was my original reason for the crappy dollfie buying idea from two years ago. My solution? A Mini Dollfie Dream III. You buy parts separately and then assemble them yourself. I thought I could start from the head and work downwards gradually, instead of rushing in and having to save up over $300 to buy all the parts at once. Saving up money is generally my weak point.
  So here you can view my personal list of what to buy and when to buy. Basically I'd print this out and fill in the blanks. I've left specifics for bust, head, and hand types open so I could reuse this for other dolls. It also includes a blank for the item's price. There's a section for body parts and a section for wigs and clothing essentials/tools needed. 
Feel free to use this as a template, by the way!

BODY PARTS

HD___ Head _____
__ Bust _____
Upper Torso Inner Frame _____
Waist _____
Arms _____
Thighs _____
Shins _____
_____ Hands _____
Feet _____

ETC.

______ Wig _____
______ Top _____
______ Undies _____
______ Bottoms _____
______ Make Set _____

No comments:

Post a Comment